Skip to main content

Featured

aesthetic journal pages

It took me a long while to find my personal journaling style - actually I didn't really actively search for it. It was years of self discovery paired with trial and error. 

Don't believe me? Here's a side by side of on of the very first entries on my traveler's notebook.

For reference this is one of my most current pages from 2020:


Here is a page from 2015, christmas stickers and all!



Layering the different elements on a journal is actually the key to achieving an aesthetic looking spread & that took a long while for me to fully grasp. Visit my instagram feed and scroll back to see how much my journal style has evlolved. Oh, and while you're at it, if you like what you find on there, do follow to get regular updates on the stuff I share.

I never really thought much about my layering process until @alessandpavoncello dm-ed me on instagram asking about how I do my layering style. I thought about it and I realized it all comes down to achieving a balance between variety and cohesiveness of the different mediums and layer on the page.

But don't get me wrong, it is still a hit and miss for me sometimes. It is constant process of learning, re-learning & trying out new styles.

I actually elaborate more about the concept of achieving the balance between 'variety and cohesiveness' on my week 20's journal with me video on youtube. If your'e interested to learn more about it, just watch the video below:





p.s. I upload new journal with me videos every thursday, papercraft tutorials on saturdays and penpal tutorials on wednesdays - if any of these interests you, click subscribe and turn on notifications.

keep safe & well!

Sharmane

Comments